Pyramid Powered Certified Classrooms
Are you committed to designing an effective educational environment? Is your goal to help each student achieve his highest potential? Pyramid Powered Certified Classrooms are an excellent option. This is an intense and comprehensive program that involves both training and consultation components. We will arrange for all staff to attend the Pyramid Approach: Creating Effective Teaching Environments 5-Day Package. Staff may choose to attend the days consecutively or the training days can be spread across the year. One of our expert consultants will guide your classroom to implement all components explored during the training dates. Certification is granted once the classroom demonstrates inclusion of all components of the Pyramid.
What is the Pyramid? The Pyramid Approach to Education was designed by Andy Bondy, Ph.D. and Beth Sulzer-Azaroff, Ph.D. It is a model based upon broad spectrum Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). As such, all components are research-based and imperative for building an effective educational environment. These components include: functional activities, reinforcement systems, functional communication, identification and replacement of contextually inappropriate behaviors, generalization, lesson formats, teaching strategies, error correction and data collection/analysis. Our consultants will lead the discussions regarding the importance of each component. Each team member will practice and role-play the implementation of each element. Two days of training are devoted to instruction regarding the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS). Each participant will receive the Second Edition PECS Training Manual and the Pyramid Approach to Education Book. Each classroom will receive a Large Communication Book, PECS 151 Pictures, Complete Visual Reinforcement System and Audio Reinforcement Reminder Tones CD.
An expert consultant will guide you and your team members to implement all components of the Pyramid. Observations, modeling and feedback will be provided during each consultative visit. Detailed written recommendations will also be provided.
The benefits of this certification are numerous. A few examples may include:
- Access to the experts: Your program has access to the entire Pyramid team, including the founders Andy Bondy Ph.D. and Lori Frost, M.S./CCC-SLP.
- Increased student performance: Your students will make significant strides throughout the certification process.
- Increased staff satisfaction: You will likely see reduced staff turnover as a result of a well-trained team working together from a common, solid skill base.
- Increased parent satisfaction: Parents will feel comfortable that their children are receiving high quality instruction from trained individuals.
- Enhanced program/school reputation: Your will be able to inform professionals and parents about the "Pyramid Powered Certified Classroom(s)" located at your facility. Your classroom will be recognized on our website as meeting the exacting standards of the high quality Pyramid Powered Certified Classroom.
To receive provisional certification, the classroom must demonstrate inclusion of all base elements (Functional Activities, Reinforcement Systems, Functional Communication, and Behavior Management Plans) within the first year. A minimum of five written lesson plans must also be completed.
A full certificate is awarded once the following components are in place:
- All IEP objectives have a corresponding written lesson plan
- Passing scores on all sections of the highly detailed Pyramid Classroom Checklist
Renewal of Certification:
Certificates are awarded on a yearly basis. For certification renewal, minimal ongoing consultation should remain in effect (either live or via video submission). If scores remain at acceptable levels, then the certificate is renewed. Should scores fall below the acceptable levels, the Pyramid consultant will notify the team in a timely manner. Correction strategies will be discussed with the classroom staff and program administrator. Pyramid will only certify classrooms that achieve and maintain high levels of quality Pyramid implementation.
For more information about setting up a Pyramid Powered Certified Classroom, please contact Dave Battista at email@example.com or call 888-732-7462.
Picture Exchange Communication System®, PECS®, and Pyramid Approach to Education® are the registered trademarks of Pyramid Educational Consultants, Inc.